Executive Correspondence Specialist
|Office of the Illinois Secretary of State
Job Title: Executive Correspondence Specialist
Division: Executive Office
Location: 115 S LaSalle St, Chicago, IL – Cook County
Salary: Minimum $6,667 monthly/$80,000 yearly, commensurate with experience
This position is director level position that reports to the Director of Scheduling and Advance and performs high level professional and executive functions for the Executive Office, serving in a leadership role in making decisions and being strategic with executive correspondence, including but not limited to drafting and reviewing all executive correspondence, official proclamations, letters from the Secretary as well as any special projects assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as member of Executive Office staff, performing work relating to correspondence, memorandums, etc., as well as special projects assigned, serving as confidential executive.
- Reviews, researches, and responds in an efficient and timely manner to all incoming Secretary of State correspondence, including liaising with staff from various SOS departments and Executive Office, developing and preparing the appropriate responses necessary to address the issue presented.
- Prepares, reviews, and handles all Secretary of State official letters, proclamations, congratulatory and office greetings for event program books.
- Reviews and researches through constituent contact and public information for any and all outreach to communities through communication avenues, working with the Executive office staff to develop continued outreach and opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director of Scheduling or Executive Office staff.
Preferred candidate will possess knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to the completion of two (2) years of college AND two (2) years experience providing support in a highly active office, dealing with sensitive and/or confidential matters; must have strong writing and editing skills with extensive experience in drafting correspondence, memorandum, etc.
Please visit https://ilsos.applytojob.gov/apply to apply by completing the online application; you may also upload a resume or other attachments as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the United States.
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability.
Apply for this position